Big Bear with its serene beauty and adventurous activities have become one of the most popular tourist destinations to spend your summer vacation, and what could be more exciting than participating in the Big Bear Cycling Festival which is to be held from 28th July to 4th August 2018. Big bear vacation retreat welcomes you to participate and enjoy the week-long and fun-filled event this summer which includes different cycling activities for your entire family to take part and enjoy. This year the event is going to be more exciting as it includes Crafts N Cranks Mountain Bike Race and Beer Festival at Snow Summit Mountain Resort, Tour de Big Bear road ride, SPNDX Stampede Gravel Grinder Ride, Tour de Big Bear Cycling Expo and kid’s events. For more information regarding the event and participation formalities log on to http://bigbearcyclingfestival.com/.
Big Bear Cycling Festival Event Schedule
- 28th July (Saturday) – 29th July (Sunday): This day marks the beginning of the cycling festival with Crafts N Cranks Mountain Bike Race and Beer Festival at Snow Summit. It includes the excitement of bike racing along with beer, carnival rides and live-music which are sure to give you the ultimate enjoyment and cycling experience. The Community Road Ride will begin at 9 am from the Copper Q – 645 Pine Knot Avenue, and the Community Mountain Bike Ride will begin from Chains Required Bike Shop at the intersection of Big Bear Blvd and Summit Blvd at the same time at 9 am.
- 30th July (Monday): Two of the exciting ride events are scheduled to be held on this day which is sure to give you the feel of riding the mountains on your bike. It includes a 25 Mile Altitude Acclimation Ride which is mainly for recreation and enjoyment. Another one is a 50 Mile Altitude Acclimation Ride mainly for the intermediate bike riders. Both the rides will begin at 9 am from Copper Q – 645 Pine Knot Avenue.
- 31st July (Tuesday): The never-ending cycling excitement continues just like yesterday and it includes another bike ride which is a 50 Mile Altitude Acclimation Ride. This ride is mainly suitable for intermediate rides with a bit of experience and will begin at 9 am from the same location that is Copper Q – 645 Pine Knot Avenue.
- 1st August (Wednesday): The event gets more exciting with Ride and Dinner with the Pros in which the riders will get a chance to ride and have dinner together with renowned cyclist like Freddie Rodriguez, Jon Hornbeck and Alison Tetrick at the 572 Social Kitchen – 572 Pine Knot Avenue sharp at 7 pm. A Ride Clinic is also scheduled to be held at 5 pm before the dinner. Another event which is the Kids Cyclefest will be held at Copper Q – 645 Pine Knot Avenue from 4 pm onwards. Book your stay at Big Bear vacation home and never miss the exciting events of Big Bear Cycling
- 2nd August (Thursday): Get a rental cabin in Big Bear right now to participate and enjoy in the three events which are scheduled to be held on this day. The first one is the 25 Mile Altitude Acclimation Ride mainly for recreational purpose and the second one is the 50 Mile Altitude Acclimation Ride mainly for the intermediate riders. Both the rides will start from Copper Q – 645 Pine Knot Avenue at 9 am. This will be followed by a Bike Demo Event sponsored by Haute Route Demo road which includes pedal assist bikes and it will be held at Village and Pine Knot Avenue from 12 pm to 5 pm.
- 3rd August (Friday): Big Bear Cycling Festival gets more exciting with the passage of each day and the introduction of new and exciting events. Get ready to enjoy the series of events which includes Tour de Big Bear, Tour de Big Bear Cycling Expo and Beer Garden which are scheduled to be held at Village Drive and Pine Knot Avenue from 12 pm to 9 pm followed by a Poker Ride at 4 pm in the same location.
- 4th August (Saturday): A very popular event Tour de Big Bear and HC Gran Fondo will be held on this day. However, this event requires an entry fee and there are options to ride different distances ranging from 25 miles to 125 miles. Big Bear Cycling Expo and Beer Garden will also be held at Village Drive and Pine Knot from 9 am to 5 pm.
- 5th August (Sunday): The event comes to an end with SPNDX Stampede Gravel Grinder Ride which requires an entry fee. Haute Route Big Bear Time Trial will be held at Big Bear Dam – HWY 18/HWY 38 at 8:30 am followed by Haute Route Tour de Big Bear Recovery Ride at 9 am to be held at Village Drive and Pine Knot Avenue.
To conclude it can be said that Big Bear Cycling Festival is truly an event full of adventure and you should book your stay at one of the Big Bear vacation home rentals right now in order to make your dream vacation come alive.